The City of Amsterdam is seeking proposals from qualified consultants and engineering firms to complete the Chuctanunda Creek Trail Extension. Qualified firms will:
· Focus on improved trail connectivity, pedestrian accessibility, signage, and lighting;
· Increase public awareness of, and accessibility to,the Chuctanunda Creek;
· Create passive and active recreational opportunities downtown including much needed green space;
· Integrate current, unique, and historic downtown features to engage a feeling of rediscovery of community assets and elements;
· Integrate the vision outlined in the Downtown Revitalization Initiative to complement and enhance other DRI projects including the Amsterdam Free Library renovation and the NYS Department of Transportation Route 5 Corridor Improvements;
· Encourage foot traffic and pedestrian flows of traffic that support local businesses and increase visitation in downtown;
· Improve safety of pedestrian areas;
· Enhance and expand the regional network and build on other existing outdoor and natural resources in the region.
You can respond to this RFP by either contacting the person below or downloading the related file and following the guidelines provided.