In anticipation of the impending snowstorm, The City ofAmsterdam is declaring a Snow Emergency effective 10:00pm on Thursday,February 24th through Saturday, February 26th at 8:00am.
The Snow Emergency requires thatall motor vehicles be removed from (parking on) City of Amsterdam streets by10:00pm Thursday , February 24th, 2022.
Vehicles cannot park on citystreets until the snow emergency is lifted. Illegally parked vehicles will besubject to towing.
Hereis a list of City-owned parking lots:
1. City Hall
2. Post Office Lot
3. Guy Park Ave. Ext. (Kirk Douglas parking)
4. Golf Course Lot
5. Vet's Field (upper field along Locust Ave. Roosevelt Rd. and the road to thepool building.
6. Morris St. Parking Lot
7. East Main & DeGraff (both lots)
8. Between Vrooman & Lefferts (behind Art Center)
9. Eagle & East Main Street (lot)
10. Dean & East Main Streets (lot)
11. 47 Reid Street Lot
12. Milton Ave. between 1st & 2nd Ave.
13. Prospect Street (Upper, near Elizabeth St.)
14. Chestnut & Lincoln (basketball court lot)
15. Bunn & Thomas St. (lot)
16. Greene & Mechanic St. (lot)
17. Union & Orange St. (lot)
18. Union St. (between Brandt & McDonnell lot)
19. Clinton & Division St. (lot)
20. Bridge St. (next to bakery)
21. 197 Florida Ave. (lot)
22. Pedestrian Bridge Lot
23. Church Street & Willow Street (Park & Ride Lot)
24. Brookside Ave. (old Eddie Brush Building, across from Hempton; large lot)