TheCity of Amsterdam announces that Amsterdam City Hall will open to the publicbeginning Monday, June 8, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. As we open, we would like to share some steps we will be taking that thepublic must follow:
· All individuals coming to City Hall must use thehandicap ramp to enter the building and stay within the ropes forassistance.
· Masks must be worn by the public upon enteringCity Hall. If you do not have a mask,one will be provided. Our staff willalso be wearing the necessary personal protection equipment to keep the publicsafe.
· Social Distancing:
· We have marked out 6’ spots for socialdistancing in which these rules must be followed to control the amount ofpeople inside City Hall and on the handicap ramp at once.
· At this time we are only permitting people inthe lobby of City Hall and the proper department will be called to assistyou.
· Upon arrival to City Hall you will be asked:
§ To make sure you have a mask on;
§ A health-screening questionnaire will need to becompleted as required by NYS Re-opening Safety Plan.
· Hand Sanitization:
· We will have hand-sanitizing stations availableto everyone to use while they are within City Hall.
· If you are coming to City Hall for a building,plumbing, electrical or heating permit, the hours of issuance will be from 8:00a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and again from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. daily. You can also make an appointment outside ofthese hours by calling 518-841-4319.
· The tax collection office will be open to thepublic during normal business hours but we encourage people to use the drop boxlocated at the handicap door or by mailing in your tax payments to: City Hall,61 Church Street. If you have anyquestions regarding this you can contact 518-841-4337.
These precautions arebeing put into place to protect both employees and the public in compliancewith the NYS Re-Opening Safety Plan, CDC, WHO and OSHA and we ask for yourpatience during this time.
Ifyou have any questions regarding the reopening of City Hall or would like moreinformation, please contact the Mayor’s Office at 518-841-4311.