Born in 1910 to Charles Karp and Barbara Ludwin, United States Army Staff Sergeant John Karp served with the 390th Fighter Squadron from 1942 to 1946, including two years in England, France, Belgium, and Germany as a Supply Non-Commissioned Officer. John requisitioned, stored, and issued all squadron property including clothes, shoes, medical supplies, and kitchen equipment. John kept all stock records and supervised three enlisted personnel in clerical, maintenance, storage, and requisitioning duties. In 1943, John completed an eighteen-week radio operators and mechanics course at the Army Air Forces Technical School in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. In 1929, John graduated from Amsterdam High School. Retiring in 1955, John worked in the billing office at Bigelow-Sanford Carpet Company and received a letter of recognition for 25 years of service. John received military decorations including the European African Middle Eastern Theater Campaign Ribbon, Good Conduct Medal, American Theater Campaign Ribbon, Victory Medal, Distinguished Unit Citation, Army Air Forces Certificate of Appreciation for War Service, and a letter signed by President Harry Truman. Funeral services in 1957 concluded at Saint Stanislaus Cemetery in Amsterdam. John is survived by three generations of family.