Register to Vote
To be able to register to vote in the City of Amsterdam, or anywhere in New York State you must:
- Be 18 years of age by the date of the election in which you want to vote
- Be a United States Citizen
- Not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere
- Fill out the New York State Voter Registration Form
- This form must be mailed or otherwise delivered to your county board no later than 25 days prior to the election.
- Your eligibility to vote will be based on the date you file the New York State Voter Registration Form
To vote in Amsterdam you will need to register to vote.
Please stop by the Office of the City Clerk and pick up a voter registration application.
The City Clerk's office is located at City Hall, 61 Church Street Amsterdam, NY 12010. You may also contact the Montgomery County Board of Elections to obtain a voter registration application or to ask additional questions.
Voting locations in the City of Amsterdam are based on the City Ward in which you live.
For a list of your City Election dates please visit the events calendar and search for events listed under Politics.
Office of the City Clerk
- 61 Church Street
- Amsterdam, NY 12010
- Phone: (518) 841-4305
- Fax: (518) 842-6802
Montgomery County Board of Elections
- 9 Park Street - Old Courthouse
- P.O. Box 1500
- Fonda, NY 12068
- Phone: (518) 853-8180
- Fax: (518) 853-8392
- Website: Montgomery County Board of Elections